How do I stop the 'Allow this Connection' message in HHC on the BlackBerry?
For security reasons, BlackBerries require you to 'allow connections' for some applications.
To stop this message from appearing, following these steps:
- When you see the 'Allow This Connection' message, DO NOT CLICK IT.
- Instead scroll to the very bottom of the screen and you will see 2 check boxes, stating, "Don't Ask This Again."
- Check each box so there is a checkmark inside (do this by scrolling to each one, and pressing the SPACEBAR)
- With both boxes checked, now scroll to the top of the screen and click the BlackBerry menu button on 'Allow This Connection'.
Please note you will have to follow the steps above to 'Allow the Connection' one time in each of the HHC applications on the BlackBerry. Never click 'Deny' or you may not be able to connect to the service at all.
If you accidentally selected Deny, or if you chose Allow before checking both boxes, follow these steps:
- On your BlackBerry homescreen, click on the Options icon (either a wrench or a swiss army knife)
- Now on the BlackBerry options screen, click on the item called 'Firewall'
- You will probably see a screen that says "Status: Enabled"
- With that row highlighted, click in the BlackBerry menu and select 'Reset Settings'
- Then click the BlackBerry menu one more time and choose Close.
- After following the above steps, next time HHC tries to sync you should see the 'Allow' message again and will have the opportunity to properly check both boxes and THEN click Allow.
Last update: 2007-04-18 14:53